King Louis XVI

King Louis XVI

Thursday, March 04, 2010

What I Think

Even though I was a weak leader, I still think I was a good and caring king. When I became king, the country was already in debt and I tried to get out of it. I do admit that one major problem I had was that I was indecisive. I could not make up my mind due to the fact that I was trying to decide what was best for the country. I cared for my country a lot more than other kings had because I was not a dictator.
I tried to see what was best for the country instead of for myself. I do know that I brought the country to bankruptcy, that is better than having a dictator as your leader. I tried to tax the aristocrats for the money for the country, but the second Estate called for a meeting with the Estates General. I may have not been the best, but I sure was NOt the worst. Maybe I could become a better king.

No comments: